2.13.2010

Preface

Aside from obvious academic obligations, the individual pretext of this virtual-establishment originates from a dusty objective which I have conceptually designed (though rather haphazardly) one thousand times over in thought, throughout various editions of my life. Over the course of my youth and young adulthood I have made some very significant connections, with some rather talented people, whom I now may consider, very close friends. Whether it be a calculated prerogative of mine, or just some sort of congenital magnetization, each one of these sustained, and nurtured, connections I have made all display an almost frenzied compulsion to represent their experiences and ideas in a uniquely decorative manner - that is to say they each produce mass quantities of seemingly meaningless bits of intellectual property, as if only a means to keep themselves regular. However, this is not to imply that their productions are entirely dysfunctional - therein lies the fundamental motive for this bloggg. This space is intended to communicate the works (in a variety of artistic categories) of my closest friends (myself included) that are, as we speak, being offhandedly manufactured for no one in particular.

Fresh_Emerald is the prism in which the unrecognized creative output of my local network will be legitimately reflected and refracted onto a digital landscape, in hopes of being observed, recognized, and most ideally, utilized. A means of distribution for local oddities.

This is the weird rainbow.

1 comment:

  1. way to wax poetic.

    I have a lot of friends who like to produce various creative 'things' in similar manners. Looking forward to following along.

    keep posting.

    -prof O

    ReplyDelete